Enrolment in ensembles is subject to confirmation by audition. You can enrol in auditioned ensemble subjects on the basis of the recommended performance standard, but will need to successfully meet audition requirements before your enrolment can be confirmed.
Auditions are required for:
- University of Melbourne Orchestra 1
- University of Melbourne Orchestra 2
- Wind Symphony Orchestra
- Concert Band (Wind Symphony Orchestra 2)
- Melbourne Big Band
- String Ensemble
All auditions for the above groups are held prior to the start of Semester 1 and will be held on the following dates:
- 15 - 19 February 2016
- 22 - 26 February 2016
Auditions will run for 5 minutes and warm-up rooms will be available prior to your audition time.
For Orchestral/Ensemble auditions you are asked to prepare the following excerpts:
- Orchestra and Symphonic Wind Ensemble: All excerpts should be prepared. The audition panel will advise which excerpts they wish you to perform during your audition. No accompanist required. You can be considered for all ensembles from one audition.
- Melbourne Big Band: Two contrasting pieces. You may use recorded accompaniment to improvise if you wish.
Applicants should note that the audition panel will only hear part of the selected repertoire and may also ask for a demonstration of technical work (scales, arpeggios, etc.) and sight reading.
If you have concerns about your audition program, please email the Ensemble Coordinator, Tonié Field at email@example.com
General enquiries can be directed to the MCM Orchestra Manager, Paul Doyle at firstname.lastname@example.org